Your contribution is an investment in these young lives.
- Total funds raised 100% 100%
WE STILL NEED TO RAISE: $0 * But you can help fund other food projects!
[stripe description=”One Time Donation” payment_button_style=”none”] [stripe_amount label=”Enter Donation Amount Below:”][/stripe]
Project Site: Zanfan Lakay (Haiti) People Group: 83+ former street kids Project Overview: Install a micro-farm including a variety of vegetables. This particular project will not only provide a nutritious food source to the children, but also a job for some of the older kids that have aged out of the system. 60% of the micro-farms produce will be used to feed the ZanFan Lakay residents while 40% of the produce will be sold in the surrounding communities.
- Lowering food costs while improving nutrition
- Introducing new foods to balance the carb heavy standard diet of rice and beans
- Create a sustainable food source
- Create a high yielding crop of Bell Peppers for sale
- Develop a dedicated heirloom seed bank for future plantings
- Educate the staff/children on healthy eating habits and how to maintain and expand the crop
- Expand the planting around the perimeter of the property
- Self-watering irrigation system